Six armed naval ratings attached to a Rear Admiral identified as Harry Arogundade, went wild on Monday on Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, beating and stripping the lady naked.
According to eyewitnesses, the naval ratings hit the lady with their gun butts and beat her with horsewhips.
She was accused of not quickly giving way for the naval officer‘s convoy on her way home in her Mitsubishi Colt car.
By the time the rage ended, Okere, who was forcibly handcuffed and dragged into a private residence on the street in a humiliating assault, was left with a battered face, blood-shot eyes and bruises all over her body.
She was [later] admitted at Kamorass Hospital on Victoria Island.
Hattip to reader, Webround, for sharing this clip with me.
A concerned citizen created a Facebook page to start a petition for justice for the victim of this assault. Visit it here.
UPDATE: Per Reader Archiwiz's request, I am including the contact information for the head of Nigeria's Ministry of Womens Affairs, Saudatu Usman Bungudu. She can be reached
Via email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Via telephone: +234-095237115, 09-523-7279, 09-523-9883, 09-523-7278
Via fax: +234-095233644, 095237112, 095237113
You can find the Minister's CV here.
Related Articles of Interest:
- Turning Away from Democracy
- "Free Jonathan Elendu Now!"
- NIGERIAN BLOGGER, JONATHAN ELENDU, IS FAR FROM 'FREE' & OCTOBER 31ST
- DISTURBING NEWS ON JONATHAN ELENDU - TORTURE? HUNGER STRIKE?
- Blogger, Jonathan Elendu, Still In Custody
- Nigerian Blogger Arrested!!!
- Channels TV Shut Down By Yar'Adua
- Suppression In A Democratic Regime