Although the Nigerian press is not reporting this story, Nigerian Curiosity can now confirm that Nigerian political blogger, Emmanuel Emeka Asiwe, has finally left Nigeria.
Like Jonathan Elendu, another Nigerian blogger arrested and unlawfully detained in Nigeria, Asiwe turned to the judicial system to gain the return of his property and the Court sided with him. So, now, despite the fact that he missed the birth of his child, and was unable to spend the holidays with his family, Emeka Asiwe has now left Nigeria. Jonathan Elendu's passport was also recently released. Hopefully, he too, will soon be able to leave Nigeria and return to his family. The world cannot wait to hear both these men talk about their ordeal in the quest for freedom and justice.
When Nigerian Curiosity confirms that he is safe, his location will be revealed. Until then, Nigerian Curiosity celebrates this release and triumph over injustice.
Asiwe is now in London. He landed at Heathrow Airport but was detained by security due to a malicious 'tip' from Nigeria's SSS. He was thankfully released and allowed to go on his way.
Related Articles of Interest:
- Turning Away From Democracy
- Exclusive: Emeka Asiwe Has Been Released, But...
- Suppression In A Democratic Regime
- Nigerian Blogger Arrested
- "Free Jonathan Elendu Now!"
- NIGERIAN BLOGGER, JONATHAN ELENDU, IS FAR FROM 'FREE' & OCTOBER 31ST
- DISTURBING NEWS ON JONATHAN ELENDU - TORTURE? HUNGER STRIKE?
- Blogger, Jonathan Elendu, Still In Custody
- Nigerian Blogger Arrested!!!
- Channels TV Shut Down By Yar'Adua