On Wednesday, March 17th, Goodluck Jonathan dissolved Nigeria's Federal Executive Council (FEC). The FEC is the collection of Nigeria's Ministers. Since then, there has been great speculation on which former Ministers would be asked to return, and what new individuals will get an opportunity to become Ministers. There are also various prospective lists of a possible new FEC floating around in Abuja.
While many continue to speculate, below is guest blogger T's fantasy picks for Ministerial positions in the Jonathan cabinet.
MY DREAM TEAM FOR NIGERIA'S EXECUTIVE BRANCH
- AGRICULTURE & WATER RESOURCES - Ahmadu Adamu Mu'Azu, former Governor of Bauchi State.
- COMMERCE & INDUSTRY - Ernest Ndukwe, outgoing National Communications Commission chief.
- CULTURE & TOURISM - Donald Duke, former Governor of Cross Rivers State.
- DEFENSE - Gusau, newly appointed to the same post by Jonathan.
- EDUCATION - Wole Soyinka, our Nobel laureate.
- ENVIRONMENT - Amina Mohammed Hassan, a former classmate of mine. Give her an executive task...consider it done.
- Abuja FCT - I don't know. Decide between Aliero, Odom, and Muhtar on merit. (Respectively, the three men are the outgoing minister of Federal Capital Territory, Minister of State for FCT, and Minister of Finance)
- FINANCE - Tony Elumelu, recently idle CEO of UBA.
- FOREIGN AFFAIRS - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, bringing sexy back, former Minister of Finance.
- HEALTH - Fatima Zara Isa-Modibbo/Iorfa Tor-Anyiin. Both are 26-year old doctors. Fatima was awarded this year for Excellence in Public Service at The Future Nigeria awards. I trust her, even if we've never talked. Iorfa is phenomenal and has a passion for delivering health care to people no matter how rural. Nominated in the same category at The Future.
- INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION - Dora Akunyili. Let her keep talking and rebranding.
- JUSTICE - I don't know. Keep Adetokunbo Kayode, the one appointed weeks ago?
- LABOUR - Pat Utomi. Nigerian economist and former presidential candidate.
- MINES & STEEL - Nasir El-Rufai, former FCT Governor/Minister, that the impossible (steel production in Nigeria for example) may become possible.
- NATIONAL PLANNING - Nuhu Ribadu, former head of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
- NIGER DELTA AFFAIRS - Saro Wiwa, Ken's son. The vision would be to achieve conflict resolution and dissolve this ministry within a year or two.
- PETROLEUM RESOURCES - Shamsudeen Usman, economist, former Finance Minister, outgoing National Planning Minister.
- POWER - Seke Shomolu, engineer, former chief of the Nigerian Society of Engineers and technical chief at NEPA.
- POLICE AFFAIRS - Muhammadu Buhari, former military President and Commander in Chief of Nigeria, presidential candidate, and warrior against indiscipline and corruption.
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - Fakinlede, my Head of Department at the University of Lagos. Crazy how he gets things done to advance technology education in this funky town.
- SPORTS - Frank Nweke, Jnr. , former Minister for Special Duties, current chief of Nigerian Business Forum.
- TRANSPORT & AVIATION - wildcard position, award on merit to one of the outgoing ministers.
- WOMEN AFFAIRS - Hafsat Abiola-Costello, chairperson of KIND, a women's-focused NGO.
- WORKS & HOUSING - Babatunde Fashola, current governor of Lagos State. Yes o!
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Femi Falana, civil rights lawyer.
- INTERIOR - Maryam Uwais, lawyer, on the Presidential Advisory Council.
- SPECIAL DUTIES - Victoria Ezeokoli, former NTA Director.
If you would like to be a Guest Writer for Nigerian Curiosity, please use the 'Contact' button above to reach SolomonSydelle, the blog administrator.